Sunday, October 24, 2010

My New Obsessions

1) FLAN! I found it at the grocery story in the refrigerated section near jello stuff. And it's sooo delicious.

2) Ulta -  specifically, their fantastic deals on nail polishes. I went last weekend and got 3 Essie nail polishes for $11 (they're usually $8 each) because they were BOGO free, and there was a coupon online that you could print out for $5 off a $10 purchase. Yay! I went again today with a bunch of girls I know (the first time I convinced Jamie to take me -- he waited in the car so I felt really rushed the whole time) and we were there for about an hour. And I didn't end up getting nail polish (I really want some more OPI but it wasn't on sale), but I did get this shea body butter that smells amazing. It's brazilian nut scented. I've never heard of that before. Oh, and I had a coupon that I found in the newspaper sitting on Jamie's counter for $3.50 off $10. So I also got some Burts Bees so it would add up to $10. But I've been stalking their website pretty much daily to see what other deals they're having.


3) swagbucks.com. It's a search engine website where you get points (called swagbucks) when you search for things that you can trade in for prizes or gift cards. You don't get points every time, especially if you do a bunch of searching in a row. But you get between 7 and 15 (or more, but I think the most I've gotten is 12) swagbucks if you have a lucky search. And, to give you an estimate of where that will get you, you can trade 450 swagbucks in for a $5 amazon gift card! I haven't gotten enough to trade in yet but I heard it from a girl on youtube that I watch and she says it's legit and that she's received prizes from it.

I signed up last Wednesday and started off with 60 SB (30 for signing up, 30 for a special code that apparently expired two days ago). And as of today I have 250!

There's other ways to earn them, too, like a daily poll and watching videos on their site, and signing up for "special offers" (which I wouldn't really recommend, unless you don't mind having a bunch of spam mail all the time. But some of them are just installing a game on facebook which you can go back and uninstall later).

Their search engine is powered by Google but they have a *ton* of sponsored links (which is why they can afford to be giving out free stuff in the first place). So you really have to sift through the results to find what you're looking for. I mean, if you're actually looking for anything. I try to only use the search engine when I actually need to search for something, since I feel like I'd be too obsessed if I did random searches to try to win points. There's a pyramid scheme aspect to it too: if you refer someone you get rewarded for all the points they earn up to 1000. So if you feel like letting me piggy-back off of you, my referral page is here. If not, I won't be offended.


P.S. Update on the race for which products will run out first:
-Toothpaste ran out like two days after my post about it
- Lotion has a day or two left
- Face moisturizer I think is going to be around for much longer than I'd thought - I forgot that I use the tiniest amount at a time
- That stupid facewash! It has still not run out! I don't understand. It's a foaming kind, and for literally 2 weeks now (since my last post) when you shake it there is nothing moving around inside the bottle -- and yet! -- it still produces foam.

2 comments:

  1. You would like flan you weirdo.

    Also, SWAGBUCKS IS AWESOME!!!! I've gotten like $30 in Amazon gift certificates from them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! I wish I had known that you had an account and I would have signed up under you

    ReplyDelete