Thursday, October 7, 2010

Today's a good day

So I have an extremely excitable personality (who knew?) and wanted to make a list of things I'm excited about:

1) I love when beauty/healthcare products are about to run out. Partially because it makes me feel that I've "done my duty" as an economical consumer and used up the entire thing and thus don't have 15 different bottles of lotion around my room. But mostly because it means that in only a short amount of time I'll be opening a brand new one! With a different scent/flavor/other esteeming quality. And right now I have four such items! Body lotion, toothpaste, face wash, and face moisturizer. What excitement. And to make for an even better time, I've been trying to decide which will run out first. I could've sworn it would be the face wash, which as of like 2 weeks ago every time I use it I think to myself that there's not enough left for the next day. But it apparently has a secret stash of soap somewhere in that bottle. So it's looking like it's going to be the toothpaste. Don't worry: I'll keep you guys posted.

2) The weather outside is frickin gorgeous. After such a long and dreary week, it's becoming perfect just in time for the weekend. Even though it's going to be a weekend filled with coding (I have a project due Sunday at midnight) it will still raise my spirits to have actual sunlight coming in through the window.

3) I've been looking online at engagement rings! So, long story short, (or as short as I can make it) Jamie's family and my mom have been completely on board with the whole engagement thing for quite awhile. My dad however, not so much. He's been very apprehensive I think mostly because of his and my mom's divorce. Even though it went as smoothly as a divorce could go, he was really hurt by the whole thing and is really worried for me. So that's been a stresser because Jamie and I really want to get engaged but also really want my dad to approve. But! About a week ago my dad called and said that he and my mom had a talk (which I am extremely interested in. Next time I see my mom she is going to be under some serious interrogation) and that he understands that this is something that we (Jamie and I) are both very serious about and that my dad is okay with the whole thing. (!!!!!!!) So now... engagement plans can go forth! So all week during class I've been staring at my hand, imagining it with a ring on it, imagining how Jamie will ask, how we'll go about telling everyone, the works. I need to calm down, but it's really hard. And I don't wanna.

So probably out of the three, number 1's most exciting  ; )




P.S. As I've been writing this, my apartment-mate who is the sweetest girl you'll ever meet, very stereotypically Christian (think Saved with Mandy Moore) has been listening to Tool. And the other day it was Nine Inch Nails. Very bizarre.

2 comments:

  1. I always have a butt-gillion bottles of lotion and stuff like that around! They just do not go away!

    ALSO! I'm sooooooo times a million excited for you! Fun story: Two of my friends got engaged over labor day and (hand to god, this is a true story) his master plan was to distract her with a duck (her favorite animal) and then spring the ring on her. Which he did! And now they're scheming out a wedding. It's adorable. As are you and Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I literally laughed out loud about the duck idea. So random! And yet, since it's meaningful to her, cute

    ReplyDelete